ACADEMIC COUNCIL MEETING
Thursday, March 23, 2000
3:45 p.m. – 139 Social Sciences
1. Approval minutes of February 17, 2000 meeting (minutes)
3. Faculty Forum Editor Election
Professor Lawrence Evans (Physics) has agreed to stand for election for Faculty Forum Editor for a one-year term. Candidates may also be nominated from the floor of the Council or by contacting the Academic Council office prior to the March 23 meeting. Consent from candidate(s) must be obtained prior to nomination.
4. Faculty Secretary Election
Professor A. Tilo Alt (Germanic Languages, emeritus), the present Faculty Secretary, has agreed to stand for reelection to this position. Additional candidates may be nominated from the floor of the Council or by contacting the Academic Council office prior to the March 23 meeting. Consent from candidate(s) must be obtained prior to nomination.
5. Appendix M
6. Proposal to create a Department of Biostatistics and Bioinformatics – Joseph Corless, Vice Dean for Faculty and Academic Affairs; Gordon Hammes, Professor, Department of Biochemistry; William Wilkinson, Professor and Chief, Division of Biometry
7. Faculty Commons Committee Report – Mike Munger, Chair, Faculty Commons Committee
8. Discussion of response to campus alcohol problems – Janet Dickerson, Vice President for Student Affairs