Academic Council Meeting
February 21, 2019
3:30 – 5:00 PM
0012 Westbrook Building (Divinity School)
1) Welcome / Announcements
2) Approval of minutes from the January 17, 2019 meeting (minutes)
3) Misconduct in Research Policy Revision: Dr. Geeta Swamy
(Rationale) (Revised version) (Current version)
4) Question submitted for the Administration (note that this portion of the meeting could be conducted in executive session)
Please provide an update regarding the Biostatistics Department situation. What is Duke doing to ensure the Biostatistics students are protected? In the longer run, what lessons do the faculty and administration need to learn from this event as we seek to live our aspirations as a Global University?
Following the response, the meeting will move into the following format:
- Fan Li, Associate Professor of Statistical Science, will provide her insight to the situation and share her experience as an international student.
- Abbas Benmamoun and Claudia Gunsch, from the Office of Faculty Advancement, will discuss their efforts directed at culture change and professionalism among the faculty.
- Q & A