ACADEMIC COUNCIL MEETING
Thursday, April 23, 1998
3:45 p.m. – 139 Social Sciences
1. Approve minutes of March 26, 1998 meeting (minutes)
2. Executive Session – Honorary Degree
3. Faculty Forum (Faculty Forum 97-98 report distributed with March agenda to continuing members; report is included for new members)
4. Election of Academic Council Executive Committee
5. Election of Faculty Secretary
6. Vote on Request for Tenure Lines in the African and African-American Studies Program (supporting materials distributed with March agenda to continuing members; background materials enclosed for new members)
7. Faculty Scholars Committee Report (will be distributed at the meeting)
8. Asian and African Languages and Literature request for department status – Provost John Strohbehn; Professor Miriam Cooke, Director
PRESIDENT KEOHANE AND ECAC ARE HOSTING AN INFORMAL RECEPTION IN THE RARE BOOK ROOM OF PERKINS LIBRARY IMMEDIATELY FOLLOWING THE MEETING.
PLEASE ATTEND TO WELCOME THE NEW MEMBERS OF THE COUNCIL AND EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE.